Become a Participant
There is a difference.
The Conductors Retreat at Medomak is a singular place where you can...
- Find new perspectives and skills in score-study, invest time studying the music, learn important repertoire and gain deeper understanding.
- Discover new ways to free your body of tension and become more expressive.
- Advance your aural skills, score-reading, conducting technique and rehearsal skills.
- Gain podium experience conducting professional musicians.
- Experience a holistic, personal, individual approach to mentoring and teaching.
- Explore a wide spectrum of conducting issues, skills and perspectives.
- Develop constructive personal leadership attributes.
- Focus on the art and the craft of conducting, the music, the people, and service to the community.
- Find exciting new perspectives and ideas among new colleagues and experienced, inspiring faculty.
- Benefit from the physical space and time to be alone and contemplative.
- Live, learn, and work within a community committed to a philosophy of non-competitiveness.
- Reap rewards from the interconnection of personal growth with conducting growth.
- Live and learn in an environment where conductors at all stages can both benefit and contribute.
- Be assured that mentoring, teaching and learning are honored.
- Synthesize score-study, aural skills, movement and physical expression.
- Practice conducting that is specific, expressive, and resonant with who you are as an artist and individual.
Tuition for participants includes:
- Conducting instruction during sessions with resident string quintet and piano.
- Conducting a full, professional orchestra in rehearsal and a public concert.
- Group score-study sessions and a private, individual coaching.
- Small-group aural skills sessions and a private, individual coaching.
- Small-group movement & expression sessions, and individual coaching.
- Group technique-work and private, individual coaching.
- Additional presentations, discussions and lectures.
- Digital video provided at every podium session, all rehearsals and concert.